My photo
London, UK, United Kingdom
Thank you for reading my blog, this blog is home to posts about my shoots, behind the scenes, inspiration, and much more. To see more of my work visit http://www.adamrobertson.co.uk

Tuesday 1 June 2010

iPhone Photography & Hipstamatic

I have always been a bit of a technology enthusiast. As a young child I had a very keen interest in all sorts of computers be they old or new. This expensive interest in technology has continued throughout most of my life. As a teenager with only a small interest in photography I was always fascinated by all the old analog cameras. Everything about them fascinated me. From the lenses, the flashes, the films. I think the way they looked and sounded is something that’s lost on most digital cameras today. 
 
With the ever increasing development of mobile phones and more specifically the Apple iPhone, along came an App that lets us have analog photos in a digital age. Yes, finally I would be able to take the sort of photos that have always fascinated me but without the need for lots of extra gear. I often only have my phone to hand and want to be able to take a photo.

Hipstamatic allows you to take images, and then share them by uploading directly to Facebook, Flickr or via email. The thing I like most about the app is its simplicity and ease of use. It really does bring back the unpredictable beauty of analog cameras from days gone by. 
 
I blame my girlfriend for my current infatuation for Hipstamatic, if she had never told me about it; I would have no idea about the endless combinations of film, flash and lenses. But with 6 lenses + 7 flash options + 8 films = 336 different combinations, that’s a lot of experimenting to be done. Luckily I stumbled upon this “Ultimate Hipstamatic Guide” and they’ve taken the time to shoot/document every possible combination.

What are your views on Apps like Hipstamatic and bringing the past into a digital format?







Adam Robertson // www.adamrobertson.co.uk *images posted taken by Adam

 
 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment