My photo
London, UK, United Kingdom
Thank you for reading my blog, this blog is home to posts about my shoots, behind the scenes, inspiration, and much more. To see more of my work visit http://www.adamrobertson.co.uk

Tuesday 9 November 2010

24 Hours in Singapore - Temples Temples Temples...

After a long day travelling from Wiltshire to London, we finally boarded our evening flight from London to Frankfurt, where we'd then have to wait a few hours for our flight to Singapore. Dazed and Confused we land in Singapore and grab a taxi straight to the hotel we'd booked online, aptly named The Robertson Quay Hotel.


(Some iPhone shots from around Singapore)

We dump our bags to grab showers and a change of clothes and head straight out to find some food and drinks, it has been a super long journey so far. The first thing I noticed about Singapore was the humidity, it was a cloudy evening but the air was so thick and wet that it made your chest feel slightly tight. After a walk around the river we chose a restaurant and sat down to eat and relax after the never ending chain of planes, trains and taxis.


(some images from the temples taking on my Canon DSLR)

We awoke around 8am and had till around 6pm till we had to make our way back to the airport to fly to Darwin, Australia. Singapore is a striking country, it amazed me how different it can be just from taking a stroll down a road, the architecture, the people, the cleanliness it all changes street by street. We'd decided to see as many temples as we could, so map in hand we headed off to see what we could find on our wander, which actually worked out really well. (Even if we did walk all day...thanks Madame Bink)

(some images from the temples taking on my Canon DSLR)

I really enjoyed my brief time in Singapore, and I know there's a lot more to the country than first meets the eye. The vast array of foods, culture and colours are a big draw. I'd definitely revisit the country for a longer trip to see what else it has to offer.

More travel blogging coming soon....

Adam Robertson // www.adamrobertson.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment